Three Phase Interactive
Based in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Steam (PC/Mac/Linux) - 28 July 2016
In Defect, survive betrayal by your own creation - your own ship will be coming back to destroy you, your only hope is to build something better - this time, and every time. In Defect, mutiny is inevitable. Survive against your own creations by building the ultimate spaceship, dogfighting to get through every betrayal. With over 1 billion customisation options, this tale of space mutiny creates the experience of building your own boss - as every ship will be torn from you and become your next boss to defeat. Every spaceship creation builds a unique theme soundtrack, with an epic scale of dogfighting as a single-pilot fighter, all the way to a space station the size of a small moon. Cross-platform play and an unprecedented freedom of spaceship battle creation awaits you. Get ready. your own ship will be coming back to destroy you, your only hope is to build something better - this time, and every time.
Early in 2013, after the release of their debut title 'Stunt Star: The Hollywood Years' on iPhone, iPad and Android, Three Phase Interactive began work on their next title 'Defect' ; a space ship based game that is a combination of ship building and action/strategy ship vs ship combat. In February 2015, Defect was Steam Greenlit in a week and in July 2015 it was successfully funded on Kickstarter. Defect was released on Steam in Early Access on December 1, 2015, with v1.0 releasing on July 28, 2016.
- Exploit your designs - Create the perfect design to complete the mission, but remember to build in a weakness so you can exploit it later when your crew inevitably turns against you.
- Unprecedented freedom of creation - Create the most powerful ship in the galaxy piece by piece, with more than 180 parts available, across three stylistic themes referencing a wide range of sci-fi culture, with more to come.
- Epic scale - With unlimited combinations available from single-pilot star fighters to battle stations the size of a small moon.
- Dynamic Music System - Building your ship defines a musical theme unique to that ship.
- Fight your friend's ships - Upload your successful ships and take on the best designs your friends have to offer.
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Overall Excellence" Unite Melbourne, 26 October, 2015
- "Knowing that you’ll lose a ship and have to take it down allows for all kinds of tactical trickery, and suddenly the Death Star’s Thermal Exhaust Port makes perfect sense."
- Adam Smith, Rock, Paper, Shotgun
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below to complete a distribute() request and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Three Phase Interactive allows for the contents of Defect to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Defect is legally & explicitly allowed by Three Phase Interactive. This permission can be found in writing at http://threephaseinteractive.com/press/sheet.php?p=defect.
On Steam for PC/Mac/Linux
About Three Phase Interactive
Three Phase Interactive is a Melbourne based independent games studio founded by three experienced game developers.
More information on Three Phase Interactive, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Programmer, Project Manager